This is the final iteration of the site development rendering for the former city parcel on Elliott Avenue. You can see an earlier version I did here. Besides that early one, I had also prepared two other versions before this final one, so it’s nice to see this project breaking ground and getting closer to reality. These images will be used for marketing, and for a jobsite sign. Stop by and look!
For those interested in the rendering aspect of this project, I used SketchUp (SU) and Vray for SketchUp version 2.0 to create the renderings. I made use of the proxy feature to insert hundreds of high-polygon count trees on the site, which would be impossible with native SU. Despite the memory savings there, I still had to break the rendering into a foreground model and a background model as the file was still too large for SU to handle and export to rendering. If you look carefully, you can see some of the 3D models of downtown Charlottesville I added into the rendering. I found they were not the cleanest models or textures, they required some extensive cleanup just to be able to open at all in SU. I was very impressed overall how Vray was able to handle the heavy model I threw at it. It has come a long way since the last version!